By Mariia Ovodiuk
According to the Press Center of Ministry of Health of Ukraine on the 30th of April there are 10406 laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19. Most affected are Kyiv city with 1401 cases and Chernivetska oblast (region neighbouring Romania and Moldova) with 1571 cases. A total of 261 lethal cases is documented among the whole country, 85% of them are people aged 50+. Laboratory confirmed recovery is registered in 1238 patients. 29062 cases of suspicious COVID-19 were reported.
Data from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Donetsk` and Luhansk` oblasts (regions of the war conflict) is absent.
2063 all-time cases are medical workers, 350 of them required hospitalisation, 268 are convalescent (laboratory confirmed). Previously, national health authorities announced 300% of pay raise for the medical workers whose job duties require care after COVID-19-positive patients. On 29th of April, 241,8 millions UAH (more than 8 million EUR) were promised to arrive to regional budgets.
Quarantine measures were extended to 11th of May, 2020.
Mariia Ovodiuk is an infectious disease specialist from Kyiv, Ukraine, and a member of the European AIDS Clinical Society. Her scientific interests include: infectious diseases pathophysiology, epigenetics and molecular epidemiology.
- New mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2 pathogenesis: Viral bonding with porphyrin and alteration of heme metabolism
- Arizona: Fleas test positive for plague near Flagstaff
- Arthritis drug, Actemra, shows promising therapeutic value for COVID-19 patients
- Massachusetts COVID-19 outbreak tops 60K, More than 70 dead at Holyoke Soldiers Home
- Ecuador COVID-19 outbreak tops 24,000
- COVID-19 and gender study: Men have more severe disease and are over twice as likely to die
- COVID-19 in pediatric patients: Successful treatment of severe case in infant
- Coronavirus terminology with UAB expert