The Kharkiv Regional Laboratory Center has registered the second case of botulism this year.
According to the center, the individual is a resident of Kharkiv (Kharkov). He ate dried fish (blue bream, carp family). The man bought the fish the day before at one of the retail outlets.
A day later, he developed weakness, a severe headache, nausea, vomiting, and impaired vision. In serious condition, the patient was hospitalized in the second city clinical hospital. He was injected with anti-botulinum serum.
Information was sent to the Main Directorate of the State Food and Consumer Service of the Kharkiv Region about the need to conduct an audit of compliance with sanitary legislation by the trade object where the fish was purchased.
The first case of botulism in the region was registered in July this year.
- Mauritania human Rift Valley fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever update
- Doctor dies from Ebola in Uganda, Survivors need to refrain from sex
- Pakistan: Dengue cases near 10K in Sindh province, Most recorded in September
- Florida: OneBlood Urging Blood Donations in Areas NOT Impacted by Hurricane Ian
- UCLA researchers develop Zika vaccine which shows promise in mouse models
- CDC warns of Listeria outbreak linked to many brands of brie and camembert cheese
- France: Indigenous cases of dengue fever rise to 57