The Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine reported this week that the total measles cases reported through mid-December is nearly 50,000 cases.
New data shows (computer translated) that an additional 2,652 people were diagnosed – 893 adults and 1,579 children, bringing the total for the year to 49,518.
In addition, a toddler from Odessa died from measles. This is the 16th case of death from measles in 2018.
Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Transcarpathian, Ternopil and Chernivtsi are the top areas reporting cases.
Save up to 40% off tours and activities in Rome
The Ministry of Health continues their calls for parents to vaccinate children adhering to the timetable for the vaccination calendar , and to catch the vaccine as soon as possible if they have missed a planned vaccination. All children under the age of 18, as well as adults from risk groups – military, health care workers, students, educators and physicians – may be vaccinated by the Calendar and reimburse the missed vaccinations.
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Dec. 15- Dec. 21
- Norway reports increase in Listeriosis in December
- France reports two HUS cases, prompts recall of Reblochon
- Michigan reports two additional AFM cases
- Salmonella outbreak linked to raw turkey products: 50 additional cases, one death
- Chikungunya vaccine candidate receives FDA Fast Track Designation