By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) reported an additional two (2) laboratory-confirmed cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in January.
The two cases, both men in their 50s from Abu Dhabi, were reported on January 9th and 13th.
Since the first MERS case was reported in UAE in July 2013, 91 cases, including 12 deaths were reported in the country.
From 2012 until 15 January 2020, the total number of laboratory-confirmed MERS-CoV infection cases reported globally to WHO is 2506 with 862 associated deaths.
- California reports 3rd novel coronavirus case, Public Health Emergency declared in US
- Institut Pasteur isolates strains of coronavirus 2019-nCoV detected in France
- CDC travel notice for Benin: Meningococcal disease outbreak
- Japan reports 3rd locally acquired 2019-nCoV case, this case from Chiba
- Coronavirus vaccine program initiated by Vaxart
- Novel coronavirus: Italy declares state of emergency, 1st cases confirmed
- India: 1st novel coronavirus reported in Kerala
- Thailand novel coronavirus case count now 19, 1st locally acquired case