I just finished a must read book–a very important book in this day and age. It’s called Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel’s Autism: My Journey as a Vaccine Scientist, Pediatrician, and Autism Dad.
Author, Peter Hotez, MD, PhD joined me to discuss a number of important topics to include autism, the debunked vaccine-autism link, the huge public health success vaccines are and today’s anti-vaccine movement.
Other interviews with Dr Hotez:
- Outbreak News Radio: Leishmaniasis, Polio-like paralysis
- Outbreak News Radio: Chagas disease in North America
- Dr. Peter Hotez discusses his new book, ‘Blue Marble Health’
- The growing anti-vaccine movement: A discussion with Dr Peter Hotez
- Smallpox: ‘You can argue that Henderson may of saved more lives than any other single human being in human history’, Hotez states
- Old World cutaneous leishmaniasis outbreak in conflict zones: An interview with Dr Peter Hotez
- Vaccines: An interview with Dr. Paul Offit
- Vaccines and hysteresis with Xingru Chen
- Vaccines, the WI-38 cell strain and 10 million lives saved: A conversation with Dr. Leonard Hayflick
- Bioterrorism, antibiotic resistance and pandemic flu: Discussing ‘Deadliest Enemy’
- Vaccine refusal: What’s behind it and how we become better ambassadors for vaccination
- Vaccines: Myths, misinformation and safety concerns contribute to ‘Vaccine hesitancy’
- Vaccines: How they work and some common misconceptions