By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
As of August 27, 2019, 215 possible cases have been reported from 25 states, and additional reports of pulmonary illness are under investigation.
One death has been recorded.
Although the etiology of e-cigarette-associated pulmonary disease is undetermined, epidemiologic investigations in affected states are ongoing to better characterize the exposures, demographic, clinical, and laboratory features and behaviors of patients.
In this video, I look at the latest–what’s known and what’s unknown–concerning the serious public health problem.
- Dengue fever: CDC issues travel warning for Asian countries
- Ohio: Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) reported in a Ashtabula County horse
- CDC: 900 mumps cases reported in ICE facilities in past year
- Chikungunya epidemic strikes 15,000 in Ethiopia
- Dengue epidemic: More than 70K cases in Bangladesh
- Spain Listeria outbreak: More than 200 cases, 3 deaths
- West Nile virus: 1st cases reported in Montana this year
- Measles outbreak grows in Auckland
- Rhode Island reports 1st human Eastern Equine Encephalitis case since 2010
- Outbreak News Across the Globe, Episode 2