The Venezuela Ministry of Health reported an additional 1,008 cases of community transmission of COVID-19 and 130 imported were detected in the last 24 hours by the Venezuelan health authorities to raise the total number of infections to 27,938.
Regarding the community cases, he specified:
- Capital District: 253 new cases, in the 22 parishes. (25% of total daily cases)
- Miranda: 137 new cases.
- Merida: 130 new cases.
- La Guaira: 130 new cases.
- Sucre: 110 new cases.
- Bolívar: 77 new cases.
- Hurry: 32 new cases.
- Trujillo: 32 new cases.
- Delta Amacuro: 29 new cases.
- Aragua: 25 new cases.
- Monagas: 22 new cases.
- Zulia: 17 new cases.
- Amazonas: 17 new cases.
- Falcón: 13 new cases.
- New. Sparta: 7 new cases.
- Yaracuy: 4 new cases.
- Lara: 3 new cases.
- Guarico: 3 new cases.
- Tachira: 1 new cases.
238 deaths were recorded as of Tuesday.
In related news, Venezuela’s communications minister and close adviser to President Nicolás Maduro, Jorge Rodríguez said has been diagnosed with the coronavirus. “Even though I am in good general condition, I must comply with the isolation measures and the necessary care in order to overcome the virus,” Rodríguez said on Twitter.
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma therapy study: Treatment is safe and effective
- Portland: Small Pharaoh #1 food cart closed, Linked to Shigella outbreak
- England: Nation-wide antibody surveillance study findings
- Kroger: Salmonella risk prompts recall of 17 cheese products
- Why does SARS-CoV-2 impact patients differently? Researchers find clues
- Peru reports big increase in dengue fever in the time of COVID-19
- It’s Lyme Disease Season: ‘Be on Guard and Get Tested’ Says Leading Health Solutions Developer Quidel Corporation
- Russia reports increase in animal rabies in July