By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In the past 24 hours, Venezuelan health officials reported 303 new COVID-19 cases–281 community transmission and 22 imported cases.
President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro said the bulk of the cases were reported from Miranda and the Capital District.
Meanwhile, the head of state also regretted reporting the death of three people from the Covid-19 infection to bring the number of fatalities to 96. The deaths occurred in Falcón, Zulia and Trujillo.
Venezuela’s case count began to accelerate last month and is rising by more than 30% every week, according to Dr. Julio Castro, part of a medical advisory team working with opposition leader Juan Guaido.
President Nicolas Maduro says his government has handled the pandemic better than the neighboring nations of Colombia and Brazil.
- Paraguay reports dozens in COVID-19 outbreak linked to Luque supermarket
- COVID-19 study: Patients with milder symptoms have a higher viral load when diagnosed and may carry a higher virus shedding risk potential
- Mexico COVID-19 cases top 300,000, Nearly a fifth in Mexico City
- UTMB researchers have discovered a new antiviral mechanism for dengue therapeutics
- Singapore dengue cases top 17,000, More than 2019 total, Enforcement and penalties
- Tocilizumab linked to 45% lower risk of dying among critically ill COVID-19 patients
- Scientists discover key element of strong antibody response to COVID-19
- Head lice activity is up in the US in the time of the pandemic