Vietnam health officials reported 162,435 COVID-19 cases in 62 provinces and cities on March 8, a new single day record. The Ministry of Health said that the average number of new COVID-19 cases in the past 7 days is more than 134,000 cases/day and the Omicron strain has tended to increase infection rapidly in recent times in provinces and cities, especially in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, Vietnam has reported 4,776,873 cases. In the past 28 days, 2.4 million cases have been recorded, the fourth most globally following Germany, South Korea and Russia.
The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam so far is 40,977 cases, accounting for 0.9% of the total number of infections.
Interestingly, since the first COVID-19 vaccine was administered to frontline workers in Hai Duong on the morning of March 8, 2021, to date, Vietnam has injected nearly 198.3 million doses of the vaccine and became one of 6 countries with the highest rate of vaccine coverage in the world.
- Denmark reports lowest level of pertussis in many years in 2021
- China reports two fatal H5N6 avian influenza cases from late 2021
- Yersinia enterocolitica outbreaks reported in Finland
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa outbreak in Norway hospitals update
- Kenya signs MOU with Moderna to Establish its first mRNA manufacturing facility in Africa
- Yellow fever outbreak in Isiolo County, Kenya; Three dead
- Vietnam records 142K COVID-19 cases Sunday, 1.9 million in past month
- Cow infected with rabies in Tuba Zangaria, Upper Galilee
- Israel: Jerusalem child tests positive for polio, 1st case in over three decades