By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Vietnam Ministry of Health reported a single-day record of new COVID-19 cases Sunday with 9,690, Binh Duong alone had 3,210 cases.
Of the 9,690 new infections, all but six were domestically acquired. Ho Chi Mihn City reported the most with 3,898 cases, followed by Binh Duong (3,210), Long An (724), Dong Nai (614), Khanh Hoa (201), Da Nang (130), Hanoi (114), Soc Trang (94), Dong Tower (92), Ninh Thuan (85), Can Tho (71), Tra Vinh (67), Vinh Long (57), Binh Thuan (46); Phu Yen (42), Dak Lak (41), Thua Thien Hue (23), Lam Dong (21), Ben Tre (20), Kien Giang (18), An Giang (15), Binh Dinh (14), Hau Giang (14), Quang Ngai (14), Ha Tinh (8 ), Dak Nong (7), Ca Mau (6), Quang Nam (6), Binh Phuoc (5), Gia Lai (4), Lao Cai ( 3), Hai Duong (3), Thanh Hoa (2), Lang Son (2), Son La (2), Bac Lieu (2), Phu Tho (2), Thanh Hoa (2), Ha Nam (1) , Quang Binh (1), Thai Binh (1), Hung Yen (1) and Vinh Phuc (1).
As of the afternoon of August 8, Vietnam has a total of 210,405 infections, including 3250 deaths. The number of new infections recorded in the country during the outbreak since April 27 to now is 206,490 cases.
The total number of doses of COVID-19 vaccine that have been injected is 8,896,615 doses, of which the 1st dose is 8,008,156 doses, the 2nd dose is 888,459 doses.
- California: Tehama County child contracts Naegleria fowleri
- Measles: Local case reported in Ceará, First time in over a year
- Portugal COVID-19 update: Officials report decrease in hospital admissions
- Brazil yellow fever: Four dead howler monkeys found in Camaquã
- Portugal’s analysis of vaccinating adolescents aged 12-15 years against COVID-19
- Japan reports 1st confirmed case of infection with lambda variant
- Septicemic plague in Arizona, 2020; Zika virus in Maharashtra and more
- Philippines COVID-19: ‘We may see a spike in cases in the coming days’