By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In 2020, Vietnam was given many accolades over their apparent success in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic–very low cases and only a few dozen fatalities.
Times have changed with the arrival of the Delta variant back in April and former mitigation that was working in Vietnam has lost its favor.
Coupled with low vaccination rates, Vietnam is now one of the countries reporting more than 200,000 cases in a month.
I look at what one expert on Vietnam believes is the issue.
- Iran struggles through COVID-19 ‘fifth wave’, Vaccine rollout still lacking
- Indonesia: 8 million Moderna vaccines received, Health workers prioritized
- Wisconsin: 1st EEE case of the year in Monroe County horse
- Japan: Tokyo and Osaka see high COVID-19 cases continue
- Colorado reports 1st human West Nile virus cases of the year
- Alabama: 1st Vibrio parahaemolyticus case reported in Mobile County
- Philippines report 14K COVID-19 cases Saturday, FDA describes success of vaccine
- Ebola case in Abidjan, Ivory Coast: Africa CDC, Statement from hospital
- China reports 9 suspect anthrax cases in Shanxi province
- Philippines records 1st COVID-19 lambda variant case, Delta variant cases rise to more than 800