The Vietnam Ministry of Health reported an additional 16,377 cases of COVID-19 in 62 provinces and cities today. Included is 1774 cases reported in Hanoi, which saw the fifth consecutive day reporting the most cases in the country.
Besides Hanoi, cities reporting the most cases today include Ca Mau (1,167), Tay Ninh (949), Vinh Long (855), Khanh Hoa (797), Can Tho (792), and Ho Chi Minh City (787).
280 deaths were reported today.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Vietnam has reported 1,604,712 infections, including 1,599,150 cases since April 27.
Vietnam has reported 30,531 fatalities to date.
- 2nd oral antiviral for treatment of COVID-19, molnupiravir, receives FDA EUA
- South Africa: 2 additional confirmed human rabies cases reported in KwaZulu-Natal
- São Paulo reports more than 139K dengue cases in 2021
- Philippines: Health officials call on parents to get their children vaccinated, Warns of ’13 life-threatening diseases’
- South Africa Omicron study: Early analyses suggest a reduced risk of hospitalization
- Viking Sea outbreak update: Vibrio and E. coli reported as causative agents
- Fresh Express Salad Listeria Outbreak
- Ethiopia: River blindness interrupted in more areas of Oromia
- FDA grants emergency use for COVID-19 pill, Paxlovid