In Vietnam today, the Hanoi Department of Health reported 5,477 cases of COVID-19. a single day record.
Nationally, Vietnam saw nearly 47,000 daily cases. In addition to the 5477 cases in Hanoi, other cities reporting high number of cases include Bac Ninh (2,582), Phu Tho (1,908), Quang Ninh (1,898), Thai Nguyen (1,862), Hai Duong (1,815), Hoa Binh (1,782), Vinh Phuc (1,734), Nam Dinh (1,715) and Hai Phong (1,707).
Since the beginning of the epidemic, Vietnam has had 2,834,373 infections, including 2,827,112 cases reported since last April.
The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam so far is 39,605, accounting for 1.4% of the total number of infections.
- Highly pathogenic avian influenza confirmed in Knox County, Maine
- Africa: Measles outbreak reported in Mali
- Measles outbreak: More than 700 cases reported in Kwango, DRC
- Tokyo Omicron wave: 90% deaths were in people over 60
- Avian influenza detected in New York non-commercial backyard flock
- Dr. Eric Ding called out for spreading misinformation by Denmark officials
- Ukraine: Dirofilariasis case reported in Melitopol
- Mexico: Hospital-acquired infections up 122 percent in 2021
- Denmark reports 1st highly pathogenic avian influenza case in harbor seal