The capital of Vietnam, Hanoi, reported for the first time a daily case count topping 3,000 on Friday, according to the health ministry (3029). While nationally, 16,040 total cases were reported, including 171 deaths.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, Vietnam has had 1,991,484 infections-1,985,320 cases since April last year.
Localities with a high cumulative number of infections during this outbreak: Ho Chi Minh City (510,604), Binh Duong (291,917), Dong Nai (99,161), Tay Ninh (84,502), Hanoi (82,435).
Vietnam has recorded 50 cases of COVID-19 due to the Omicron variant to date.
The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam so far is 35,341 cases, accounting for 1.8% of the total number of infections.
- Uruguay: Officials have detected confirmed outbreaks of anthrax in cattle, horses, and possibly humans, in Rocha department
- Baricitinib receives WHO nod for treating patients with COVID-19
- Epstein-Barr virus may be leading cause of multiple sclerosis: Harvard study
- Hantavirus reported in wild vole in Chula Vista
- England: Dozens of Humboldt penguins die from avian malaria
- San Diego: Shigella outbreak declared over
- Colorado: Feral pigs test positive for pseudorabies
- African swine fever identified in Thailand