By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Vietnam Ministry of Health reported today an additional 4,992 COVID-19 cases, of which more than half (55%) or 2,740 cases were from Ho Chi Minh City.
In addition to the Ho Chi Minh City cases, cases were reported from Binh Duong (1,284), Tien Giang (242), Dong Nai (203), Dong Thap (90), Tay Ninh (88), Ben Tre (79), Khanh Hoa (78), Ha Noi (63), Can Tho (23), Long An (21), Phu Yen (17), Binh Dinh (17), Kien Giang (17), Vinh Long (15), Thai Nguyen (3), Dak Nong ( 2), Ha Tinh (2), Lang Son (2), Nam Dinh (1).
Five cases were imported.
As of the morning of July 30, Vietnam had 133,405 cases, including 2,213 imported cases and 131,192 domestic cases.
The number of new cases recorded in the country from April 27 to now is 129,622, of which 29,006 patients have been declared cured. 1022 total deaths have been recorded in the country.
More than 5.5 million doses of the vaccine have been given.
- Lyme disease linked to psychiatric disorders: Study
- Rhode Island reports increase in Legionnaires’ disease
- Finland reports increase in COVID-19 cases, Slight increase in hospitalizations
- African Swine Fever confirmed in the Dominican Republic
- France: Temporary suspension of prion research after death of lab technician
- Liberia Lassa fever outbreak: Higher fatality rate than previous years