By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The COVID-19 epidemic bulletin of the Ministry of Health on September 6 said that there were 12,481 more COVID-19 cases, Ho Chi Minh City alone had 7,122 cases.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, Vietnam has had 536,788 infections, which includes 532,490 cases reported since April 27.
311 additional deaths were reported, bringing the cumulative total to 13,385 (CFR 2.5%).
Today, a man was sentenced to five years in jail for breaking strict COVID-19 quarantine rules and spreading the virus to others.
The 28-year-old man was convicted of “spreading dangerous infectious diseases” at a one-day trial at the People’s Court of the southern province of Ca Mau.
During his breach of quarantine, it is reported that he infected eight people, one which died.
- Global dengue tops 1 million in August
- Paraguay awaits results of measles test sent to US, Could be 1st case since 1998
- South Carolina: Rabid fox confirmed in Ridgeway, One dog exposed
- Philippines total Delta variant cases top 2000
- Brazil: 40% of the Brazilian population over 18 years of age is fully immunized
- Cyclospora: 400 more cases reported in the US, 34 states report cases
- Brazil: 11 measles cases reported in Alagoas state
- Cuba reports 9200 COVID-19 cases, Vaccinating children as young as two