The Nghe An Department of Health in Quynh Luu district reported this week on several outbreaks linked to “underground” karaoke bars.
The four outbreaks were linked to Karaoke 68 (Quynh Chau commune), Karaoke Bich Que (Cau Giat town), Karaoke Quynh Minh and Song Mo hotel (Quynh Yen commune) which resulted in dozens of cases among employees and guests.
Authorities are investigating. Quynh Luu district has not allowed non-essential services to operate, including Karaoke. These shops are operating “underground”.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Duong Dinh Chinh – Director of Nghe An Department of Health emphasized that Quynh Luu district needs to direct relevant communes, towns and units to seriously implement the direction of the country and the province in epidemic prevention and control. COVID-19; It is necessary to be flexible and proactive in developing scenarios and plans for epidemic prevention and control in accordance with the actual situation.
“The district needs to continue to strengthen surveillance of cases of people returning from outside the province; require full medical declaration; encourage people to carry out tests when returning to their localities; consider stopping gathering activities. gather people in 7-14 days to prevent epidemics” – Director of the Department of Health requested.
- Omicron has a 36% lower risk for hospitalization compared to Delta: Denmark study
- Costa Rica reports unavailability of yellow fever vaccine
- Meningococcal group B (MenB) disease in university students in England see sharp rise
- Omicron sub-lineage BA.2 designated as a variant under investigation
- Polio 2021: Is Pakistan and Afghanistan on the verge of eradication?
- Vaccine used in much of the world no match for Omicron variant
- India Newswire: Chickenpox in Tamil Nadu jail, African swine fever in Nagaland