By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Vietnamese Ministry of Health recorded 11,321 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday with Binh Duong being the locality with the highest number of cases with 4,505 cases.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Vietnam has had 336,707 total COVID-19 infections, of which, 332,626 cases are part of the 4th wave that started April 27 this year.
The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam as of August 20 is 7,540 cases, accounting for 2.3% of the total number of cases and equivalent to the death rate from COVID-19 in the world.
Concerning vaccinations, on August 20, 190,681 doses of COVID-19 vaccine were administered. This brings the the total number of doses of vaccine injected was 16,494,665 doses, of which 1 dose was 14,787,599 doses, and the second dose was 1,707,066 doses.
- Ivermectin warning: Increased Poison Control calls in Mississippi
- Florida reports 150K COVID-19 cases in a week, Monoclonal antibody treatments sites opening all over state
- Wisconsin now reports four horses infected with Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- India: Leptospirosis increase reported in Maharashtra
- Sweden: 40% of people born in 2003-2005 had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Jamaica: Lockdown imposed due to COVID-19 surge, Delta variant detected
- Illinois reports nearly 25K COVID-19 cases in past week
- Bubonic plague case confirmed in Torrance County, New Mexico
- Outbreak News This Week Livestream: African swine fever in the Dominican Republic, Tularemia from crabs and more