By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Vietnamese Ministry of Health recorded 11,321 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday with Binh Duong being the locality with the highest number of cases with 4,505 cases.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 4,084 cases, the second most in the country.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Vietnam has had 336,707 total COVID-19 infections, of which, 332,626 cases are part of the 4th wave that started April 27 this year.
The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam as of August 20 is 7,540 cases, accounting for 2.3% of the total number of cases and equivalent to the death rate from COVID-19 in the world.
Concerning vaccinations, on August 20, 190,681 doses of COVID-19 vaccine were administered. This brings the the total number of doses of vaccine injected was 16,494,665 doses, of which 1 dose was 14,787,599 doses, and the second dose was 1,707,066 doses.
- Ivermectin warning: Increased Poison Control calls in Mississippi
- Florida reports 150K COVID-19 cases in a week, Monoclonal antibody treatments sites opening all over state
- Wisconsin now reports four horses infected with Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- India: Leptospirosis increase reported in Maharashtra
- Sweden: 40% of people born in 2003-2005 had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Jamaica: Lockdown imposed due to COVID-19 surge, Delta variant detected
- Illinois reports nearly 25K COVID-19 cases in past week
- Bubonic plague case confirmed in Torrance County, New Mexico
- Outbreak News This Week Livestream: African swine fever in the Dominican Republic, Tularemia from crabs and more