Vietnamese health officials reported 13,321 new COVID-19 cases Friday, including 7,539 cases in Ho Chi Minh City.
In addition to Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong reported 3,563 cases, Dong Nai (823) and Long An (321).
This brings the cumulative total to 589,417, including 329,528 in just the past month.
Health officials also saw 254 deaths today, including 195 in Ho Chi Minh City. This brings the death total to 14,745.
Concerning the vaccination situation in the country, the total number of vaccine doses that have been given is 25,926,688 doses, of which the 1st dose is 21,459,102 and the 2nd dose is 4,467,586 doses.
On September 10, the Ministry of Health issued a decision to conditionally approve the Hayat – Vax vaccine for urgent needs in the prevention and control of the COVID-19 epidemic.
The Hayat – Vax vaccine is produced by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd. of China National Biotec Group (CNBG), China.
Vietnam currently has 7 vaccines that have been licensed for use and are being vaccinated in Vietnam, including: AstraZeneca (manufactured by AstraZeneca), Sputnik V (Gamaleya Research Institute), COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen. Johnson & Johnson, Spikevax (COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna), Comirnaty (Pfizer – BioNTech), Vero Cell (China National Biotec Group (CNBG)/ Sinopharm) and Hayat – Vax.
- Iowa: Two ‘swine flu’ cases reported, Both fully recovered
- Brain aneurysm awareness month with Olivia Hoblit
- Florida: Leon County records state’s 8th Vibrio vulnificus death
- Bangladesh: 54 dengue death reported this year to date, Most from Dhaka
- Rabies death reported in Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa child
- Bangladesh reports two Nipah virus cases in 2021