By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in Vietnam are reporting (computer translated) two positive 2019-NoCv cases. According to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, two male Chinese patients, a father and son, are being treated at Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.
Officials say the 66-year-old father came to the country from Wuhan on Jan. 13 and eventually met up with his 28-year-old son.
Vietnam joins a number of countries outside of China reporting NoCv cases like Thailand, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and the United States.
- Philippines DOH declares dengue epidemic ‘over’, more than 400K cases reported in 2019
- Novel coronavirus case reported in Macao, 9th case reported outside China
- Thailand reports 1st Thai patient with coronavirus, country total now 4
- Novel coronavirus reported in traveler in Washington State, Health screening to begin in Atlanta, Chicago
- China coronavirus: More cases confirmed in Guangdong province