By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Vietnam has fared very well during this COVID-19 pandemic as the Department of Preventive Medicine with the Ministry of Health says the country ranks 172th in the world, 41st in Asia and 7th in Southeast Asia in the number of cases.
To date, 2362 cases have been confirmed since the start of the pandemic, including 35 deaths.
However, in the third epidemic from January 25 to now, Vietnam has recorded 755 cases in 13 provinces and cities. Among the most recorded cases in Hai Duong is 575.
According to Dr. Dang Quang Tan, there are some differences of the outbreak in Hai Duong and Da Nang.
– The number of cases in Hai Duong so far is 575, which is far exceeding the total number of cases in Da Nang (389 cases).
– The average number of cases in the first 20 days of Hai Duong is 20 cases / day, higher than that of Da Nang (15 cases / day). The most recorded day 77 cases.
– Diseases in Hai Duong occurred in industrial clusters with a very large number of workers.
In the first 2 weeks, the number of cases in Da Nang tended to decrease while Hai Duong still had an unclear trend and at the same time, outbreaks appeared in the community. The remaining quantity is subject to very large concentration isolation.
– Variant of the virus in Hai Duong is variant B.1.1.7 which is able to spread faster than the virus causing epidemic in Da Nang (European variant D614G).
There are 5 major outbreaks including: Chi Linh city, Cam Giang district, Kinh Mon town, Nam Sach district and Hai Duong city. In the last 3 days, Hai Duong recorded 74 cases. Major cases were recorded in quarantine areas.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Luong Ngoc Khue, Director of Medical Administration Department also added that Hai Duong is now “leading” the number of infected people, on average more than 20 cases per day. Up to now, it has been more than 20 days, but the incidence is still very high. Two days a day the locality recorded 18 cases each day. On the first day, Hai Duong recorded 77 cases, followed by 48.
“The number of new COVID-19 cases in Hai Duong is still very high. The situation here is still very complicated ”- Assoc. Dr. Luong Ngoc Khue said.
At a conference Friday, the director of the department, Dr. Dang Quang Tan also noted that Vietnam has recorded 4 strains including:
- The D614G mutation from Europe
- B.1.1.7 UK virus variant
- B.1.351 from South Africa on a South African patient (BN1422) who entered Noi Bai airport from South Africa on December 19, 2020.
- A.23.1 , a predominant strain in Uganda, from Rwanda, Africa at TSN airport, Ho Chi Minh
Browse Latest Cosplay Costumes at Rolecosplay Cosplay Store