In a follow-up on the gastrointestinal illness outbreak that affected 118 passengers and crew onboard a recent Viking Cruise Lines Viking Sea voyage, The Centers for Disease Control Prevention Vessel Sanitation Program (CDC-VSP) reported the causative agents as Vibrio (no species indicated) and E. coli on Wednesday.
This is the first and only cruise ship outbreak investigated and reported by VSP this year.
- Fresh Express Salad Listeria Outbreak
- Ethiopia: River blindness interrupted in more areas of Oromia
- FDA grants emergency use for COVID-19 pill, Paxlovid
- Canada Salmonella outbreak linked to frozen whole kernel corn
- Maniema province monkeypox outbreak: WHO details
- Cruise ship outbreak: More than 100 sickened on recent Viking Sea voyage
- Texas: COVID-19 Omicron-variant associated death reported in Harris County
- Philippines reports 3rd Omicron case, 100 millionth dose of COVID-19 vaccine administered
- Chikungunya in Brazil: Cases up 32% in 2021
- Nevada Omicron: 2nd case reported
- San Diego Shigella outbreak in homeless slowing