In a follow-up on the cholera epidemic in Yemen, health officials put the number of cases near a half million cases in less than four months, according to the World Health Organization country office in Yemen.
More than 494,000 suspected cholera cases and 1966 associated deaths have been reported in 22 governorates and 298 districts in Yemen since Apr. 27.
- A look at the differences in geographical distribution of Lyme disease
- Ohio: Norovirus sickened hundreds, linked to Maumee donut shop
- Polio update: More cVDPV2 reported in Syria, DRC
- Burkholderia cepacia risk prompts recall of several drugs, dietary supplements
- Illinois, Ohio, and Texas now report Salmonella infections linked to papayas
- Ohio sees more H3N2v cases linked to pig exposure
- Guatemala: Typhoid outbreak in Petén department
- Malaria disease severity: UBC researchers develop quick method
- Measles: 2nd case reported at Perth Waldorf School
- Philippines: 1st avian influenza outbreak reported in Pampanga
- Chickenpox virus fatal in newly discovered immunodeficiency
- Romania: Husband and wife contract anthrax after contact with animal
- Legionnaires’ disease confirmed in Brooke Army Medical Center employees