The cholera outbreak continues to spread in Yemen. 704,544 suspected cholera cases & 2103 deaths have been reported in less than 5 months.
“Two years of conflict in Yemen have wrecked people’s lives and left 15 million people without access to basic health care”, Director General, World Health Organization, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.
- Rapid test may determine whether an antibiotic combats a given infection
- Venezuela: 38 measles cases confirmed in Bolivar state
- Hepatitis A warning issued due to Meijer bakery food worker testing positive
- Botulism risk prompts recall of ‘Death Wish’ coffee
- Leptospirosis cases up 38 percent in the Philippines in 2017
- Syracuse University: Two mumps cases confirmed in students
- Minnesota: Legionnaires’ disease cases investigated in Maple Grove
- Pertussis: Resurgence attributed to immunological failures of acellular vaccines
- Maryland: H3N2v influenza strikes seven, linked to contact with pigs at Charles County Fair
- Wisconsin: E. coli 0157 outbreak investigated in La Crosse County
- Vibrio: Five cases reported in Tampa Bay area
- Illinois reports 1st human West Nile virus death of 2017