- As of 14 April 2018, the local health authorities reported a total of 1,584 suspected diphtheria cases including 85 associated deaths (CFR=5.4%).
- The diphtheria outbreak has affected 195 districts from 20 governorates. At governorate level, Ibb and Sana’a are the most affected governorates.
- Children (<5 years of age) represent 20% of suspected diphtheria cases and 38% of associated deaths. The most affected age group is 5-15 years old representing 44 % of the cases.
- A cumulative total of 6,842 diphtheria contacts have been given preventative antibiotics, 142 during week 15.
- In week 15, there are 1,942 suspected cases and 2 associated deaths.
- The cumulative total of suspected cholera cases reported since April 2017 to 14 April 2018 is 1,089,507 with 2,274 associated deaths across the country. At governorate level, the trend from W12-W14 decreased in all governorates except Amran (+22%) and Ibb (+17%).
- The overall case fatality ratio is 0.21% and the national attack rate is 389 per 10,000 people. Children (< 5 years of age) represent 28.8 % of the total suspected cases