In a follow-up on the Zika virus outbreak in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India has grown to 109 cases in one month, according to a The Hindu report.
The comes after health officials reported nine additional cases Friday.
This is the third Zika outbreak in India. The first outbreak of Zika virus was reported in Ahmedabad in January 2017 and the second in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district in July 2017.
Officials report intensifying vector control measures. Intense fogging and other anti-larvae activities are being carried out in the areas from where cases have been reported.
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Oct. 13-Oct. 19
- Thailand updates: Dengue, rabies and measles
- CDC issues travel notice for Nigeria due to monkeypox
- Andes virus reported for the first time in US
- UK officials issue Salmonella advisory
- Mad Cow disease case reported in Scotland
- NYC: Measles reported in Orthodox Jewish community in Brooklyn
- Lymphatic filariasis elimination: ‘The Government of Vietnam really deserve congratulations’