By NewsDesk @bactiman63
As a result of the more than 300 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine distributed throughout the country, Brazil arrives on this Wednesday, an important milestone in the Vaccination Campaign: more than 100 million Brazilians are fully vaccinated . The number corresponds to 62.5% of the target audience immunized with two doses of the vaccine or with a single dose immunizer.
Until the end of October, this brand should grow even more. This is because the Ministry of Health predicts the arrival of over 51.5 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine. The forecast is for 15.3 million from AstraZeneca and 36.1 million from Pfizer’s immunizing agent. The doses correspond to new contracts, in addition to the 100 million delivered by both laboratories. The Butantan Institute has also completed deliveries in September.
“We have come a long way since the start of the Vaccination Campaign, but we need to advance even more. Therefore, I invite all Brazilians who have not yet taken the second dose of the vaccine to return to the vaccination post to complete the vaccination schedule. Only vaccinated will overcome the virus and return to our normal state”, said the Minister of Health, Marcelo Queiroga.
To date, the Federal Government has sent more than 301 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to the states and the Federal District. The fast and efficient distribution logistics made Brazil reach today 93.7% of the target audience vaccinated with the first dose. More than 2.4 million have already received booster immunizations.
- Brazil: 186 congenital syphilis deaths in 2020
- Leprosy in humans and animals
- Japanese encephalitis death reported in Ōita Prefecture, Japan
- Zika virus in Kerala state, India: WHO details
- Yellow fever in Venezuela: WHO details
- Plasmodium vivax: The Global burden is obscure and insidious
- Ebola in DRC: 2nd confirmed case reported in Beni
- Philippines: Negros Oriental reports big drop in dengue in 2021
- Circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus in Ukraine: GPEI update