The 50-year-old grandmother of the initial case, the 5-year-old boy, has died from Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).
There are currently 3 cumulative confirmed cases since the date of identification of the index case. The two fatalities and a 3-year-old brother who is alive.
A 23 year old male from Mukungu village, Katwe Town Council has been identified as a suspected case and isolated at Bwera Hospital isolation unit. He presented with symptoms of vomiting blood and bloody diarrhea.
So far 27 contacts to the index case have been listed. All are from Kagando Hospital (5) and Bwera Hospital (22). Of the 27 contacts listed, 8 are contacts to MA and 19 to MM. The team continues to identify and list more contacts to the confirmed cases.
Tomorrow, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization, will reconvene the IHR Emergency Committee in Geneva to ascertain whether the outbreak constitutes a public health emergency of international concern.
- Rabies: Every 10 minutes, someone in the US is treated for possible exposure
- Ebola: CDC activates Emergency Operations Center
- Legionella Conference 2019: International Speakers Announced
- Ebola update: Uganda boy dies, additional cases confirmed
- Comoros Islands reports measles outbreak
- Norovirus prompts recall of raspberries cakes in Quebec
- Ebola spreads to Uganda
- CDC director reacts to Ebola case in Uganda: ‘A sobering development’