The National Ministry of Health reports that the result of the PCR amplification reaction of the sample taken from the second high-probability case is positive, which confirms the infection with poxviruses belonging to the Eurasian-African group of the Orthopox genus.
This result is consistent with the observation made by negative staining by transmission electron microscopy, where viral particles of said viral genus were detected.
This is the second case of monkeypox confirmed in the country and corresponds to a resident of Spain, who is visiting the Province of Buenos Aires and who has no connection with the first case.
The person has ulcerative lesions without other associated symptoms, arrived in the country on May 25 and symptoms began yesterday, May 26, 2022. The patient is in good general condition, isolated, and receiving symptomatic treatment. His close contacts are under strict clinical and epidemiological follow-up, all of them being asymptomatic to date.
- Portugal monkeypox tally now 74
- Ohio: Norovirus outbreak sickens scores at Camp Molly Lauman event
- Colorado reports two presumptive monkeypox cases
- Australia: New South Wales reports 2nd Japanese encephalitis death
- North Korea reports 3.4 million COVID-19 cases in a month, Fatality rate of 0.002%
- Staphylococcus aureus infections: Predicting which will turn severe
- South Carolina: Avian influenza attributed to deaths of wild vultures in Charleston County