During the week ending July 2, a total of 1,571 new cases and 9 new deaths were reported (13.3% and 25% decrease in the number of cases and deaths respectively, compared to previous week).
The trend was increasing until mid-April, 2022, however, started to decrease between then and mid May and after stabilization for 6 weeks, it started to decrease again this week.
The measles outbreak affected the entire country, however, the most affected provinces are Badakhshan (12.4%), Nangarhar (9.6%), Kunduz (9.3%), Kabul (8.7%), Helmand (6.6%) and Takhar (6%).
Measles response immunization campaign is planned to be conducted from 23rd July 2022 (for 6 days), a total 85 new high risk districts in 25 provinces (including earthquake affected districts in Paktika and Khost provinces) will be targeted.
The planned campaign will target 1.49 million children aged 6-59 months , the campaign will be implemented in 2,358 sites.
- Nigeria monkeypox cases top 100 this year, Highest since reemergence in 2017
- Leptospirosis linked to deadly outbreak in Lindi, Tanzania
- Measles vaccination is below target in Brazil, Less than 50% of children have been immunized
- Cuba reports rise in dengue, Serotypes 1,2 and 3 circulating
- Florida: 1st local dengue fever case of year reported in Miami-Dade County
- Madagascar reports more than 500K malaria cases in first five months of 2022
- Uganda reports 200 suspected yellow fever cases in 2022
- Marburg virus disease outbreak declared in Ghana for first time