Every two minutes someone is diagnosed with leprosy. It causes nerve damage and muscle weakness that can lead to deformities, crippling, blindness and isolation.
Many Americans think leprosy no longer exists. But, in 2015, 106 countries reported new cases of leprosy.
This is from the FAQ section on the website of American Leprosy Missions.
I was joined by the CEO of the Christian charity, American Leprosy Missions, Bill Simmons back in November to discuss the mission of the organization, where their outreach extends and how you the reader/listener can help this important work.
LISTEN to the interview below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Leprosy: An interview with Dr Richard Truman
- Podcast: Dr Rodney Rohde discusses Medical Laboratory Science for the hour
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter
- Free market health care: Interviews with Drs. Umbehr and Smith
One thought on “American Leprosy Missions: An interview with CEO Bill Simmons”