As of the 25 May 2023, the emergency declaration for measles was extended for another two weeks until 8 June, under an amended declaration issued by the Governor Lemanu Peleti Mauga.
There have been two laboratory confirmed measles cases and 74 probable cases.
More than 2,900 Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR) vaccinations had been administered since the first measles cases were confirmed. As the latest confirmed case dated from the 10 April 2023, the red alert is changed to a blue alert.
- Leptospirosis cases rise to 75 in Vanuatu
- Third Naegleria fowleri death reported in a week in Karachi, Pakistan
- Bangladesh: Dengue cases rising, Experts warn of worse outbreak in 2023
- Dengue cases up 170% in Malaysia
- Peru: Gov’t approves declaring health emergency due to high risk of polio and measles
- Hong Kong investigates 2 hand, foot and mouth disease outbreaks
- Pakistan: The brain-eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, claims the lives of two in Karachi
- Brazil: Rio de Janeiro confirms third case of avian flu