By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Argentina Ministry of Health reports that the Department of Epidemiology of the province of Córdoba reported a case of Delta variant in a traveler from Lima, Peru, from which 13 related positive cases were detected in his relatives, according to the epidemiological investigation carried out.
Of the 13 related cases that were analyzed in the Central Laboratory of the province, in 12 the Delta variant was determined, while it was not yet identified in the rest. The traveler arrived at Jorge Newbery Airport with a negative PCR before the flight and upon entering Argentina on July 19.
The Cordovan authorities indicated that they continue with the epidemiological investigation to identify other contacts who should remain in isolation. In this context, they specified that five bubbles were isolated in four educational establishments, which are under follow-up.
All samples were sent to the ANLIS-Malbrán Institute and INTA Córdoba -in the framework of the PAIS project- to confirm the variant involved by complete sequencing of the viral genome.
The Ministry of Health of the Nation and the Córdoba health portfolio agreed to reiterate the importance of compliance with the isolation of international travelers, early consultation in case of presenting symptoms and testing on the seventh day in all people who arrive from the outside.
- Toronto: More than 70 per cent of adults are fully vaccinated
- Rabies in the Cradle of Humankind area, Gauteng Province, South Africa
- Eastern equine encephalitis detected in mosquito pool in Albion, New York
- Lyme disease linked to psychiatric disorders: Study
- Rhode Island reports increase in Legionnaires’ disease
- Finland reports increase in COVID-19 cases, Slight increase in hospitalizations
- African Swine Fever confirmed in the Dominican Republic
- France: Temporary suspension of prion research after death of lab technician