By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Austrian health officials, Bundesministerium für Arbeit, Soziales, Gesundheit und Konsumentenschutz are reporting 3,026 coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 cases to date, including nine deaths.
Many measures are being taken in Austria to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to include the quarantine in certain areas.
In Tyrol , all 279 Tyrolean municipalities are quantified. In Vorarlberg the entire Arlberg region with Lech, Warth, Schröcken, the Stuben district of the municipality of Klösterle and in Carinthia the municipality of Heiligenblut is affected. In the state of Salzburg , two whole valleys and the community of Flachau are quarantined due to the corona virus. Affected are the Gastein Valley with the municipalities of Bad Gastein, Bad Hofgastein and Dorfgastein as well as the Grossarl Valley with the municipalities of Großarl and Hüttschlag. No one is allowed to enter or leave the parishes. Exceptions are when it comes to covering basic services, to provide basic services or to get to work.
Other measures include limiting gatherings to no more than five people at once. All Austrian universities, schools and kindergartens are closed.
Shops that do not serve basic services remain closed. Grocery stores, pharmacies, drugstores, post offices and banks remain open. Restaurants, bars, coffee houses etc. are also closed. Food supply is guaranteed through supermarkets and delivery services.
- Brazil Ministry of Health declares national community transmission
- Fake COVID-19 tests seized at O’Hare, Chicago joins the State of Illinois in issuing a Stay at Home order
- Louisiana coronavirus deaths rise to 20
- Italy COVID-19 cases, deaths skyrocket: New restrictions imposed
- New Jersey COVID-19 death toll now 16, Governor Murphy announces statewide stay at home order
- New York COVID-19 cases top 10K, ‘What you need to know’