By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported Tuesday an additional 27 confirmed COVID-19 cases–this includes 17 males and 10 females; 3 Beijing household registrations and 24 provincial household registrations; 22 Fengtai Districts and 2 Mentougou Districts. One case in each of Dongcheng District, Fangshan District and Daxing District is related to the Xinfadi market.
This brings the outbreak total in Beijing to 106 since Thursday.
Because of the new outbreak, China sharply ramped up restrictions on people leaving the capital city.
The outbreak has been traced to the sprawling Xinfadi wholesale food centre in the southwest of Beijing where thousands of tonnes of vegetables, fruit and meat change hands each day.
- Pennsylvania COVID-19: Total cases near 80K, Some symptoms of Lyme disease are similar
- Severe COVID-19 infection: One in five people globally have an underlying health condition that could increase their risk
- Dengue cases down in the Philippines
- Singapore reports 1158 dengue cases last week, Highest weekly total in 6 years
- Ebola outbreak in Équateur Province: More cases reported
- Philippines reports downward trend in COVID-19 mortality, Expanded testing guidelines issued