By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The director of the Departmental Health Service (Headquarters) of Santa Cruz, Marcelo Ríos, reported this Saturday at a press conference that the third case involves a one-year-four-month-old boy who was treated last week in a health in that region.
The boy had symptoms such as fever and dehydration, for which they performed different tests to define the diagnosis and on Friday the laboratory results confirmed that it is measles, according to Ríos.
“It is the third case in the country after twenty years of having the disease under control,” said the director.
In addition, there are three suspected cases, prompting health authorities to began searches in neighborhoods of that city.
This Saturday the registration began in at least 242 blocks to detect possible cases and also to vaccinate children who have not yet done so, for this there are at least 10,000 doses, said the director.