In Bolivia, the Minister of Health and Sports, Jeyson Auza, reported that laboratory tests confirmed 508 cases of dengue in Santa Cruz, Beni, La Paz, Pando, Tarija and Cochabamba.
“The epidemiological situation in Bolivia until January 18, in week three there are 508 cases of dengue reported by laboratories in the departments of Santa Cruz, Beni, north of La Paz, Tarija, Pando and Cochabamba,” officials said.
The Minister of Health explained that 319 cases were reported in Santa Cruz, 154 in Beni, 17 in Tarija, 11 in La Paz, 6 in Pando and 1 in Cochabamba, he also remarked that in all these cases follow-up is carried out according to the endemic channels that allow assuming the corresponding actions.
Likewise, he revealed 5 people died due to the disease–4 in Santa Cruz and 1 in Beni.
- Bangladesh reports 3 Nipah virus cases in Naogaon and Rajbari districts in 2022
- South Africa reports 397 measles cases since October
- Sweden: Salmonella outbreak sickens 22, Prompts recall of fresh eggs
- Nepal ends 2022 with 54784 dengue cases, 88 deaths
- Norway: Echinococcus canadensis detected in moose, 1st time in country
- Rat lungworm, Angiostrongylus cantonensis, detected in rats in Valencia: First time in continental Europe
- Public health education on the infectious disease risks of using tap water in medical devices is needed: Survey
- Acinetobacter baumannii: Researchers find evidence pointing to an unexpected source of such bacteria– the hospitalized patients themselves
- Brazil: 1,618 cases of acute diarrhea were reported during the first two weeks of 2023 in Florianópolis