By NewsDesk @bactiman63
With the addition of 80,508 new COVID-19 cases in Brazil during the past 24 hours, the pandemic case count in the country has reached 11,019,344 confirmed cases of the disease.
Last week, the Fiocruz Observatory published a bulletin regarding the worsening pandemic in Brazil.
The write: For the first time since the beginning of the pandemic, there has been a simultaneous worsening of several indicators throughout the country, such as the growth in the number of cases and deaths, the maintenance of high levels of incidence of SARS-CoV-2, the high positivity of tests and the overload of hospitals.
At the moment, 19 Federation Units have occupancy rates of ICU beds above 80% – in the previous Bulletin they were 12. The alarming scenario, according to the analysis, represents only the tip of the iceberg of a level of intense transmission in the country. Therefore, the researchers believe that it is necessary to adopt more rigorous non-pharmacological measures.
Researchers at the Covid-19 Fiocruz Observatory emphasize the need to adopt more stringent measures to restrict circulation and non-essential activities.
- Chile: Health Minister asks public to maintain self-care measures in family gatherings
- African swine fever: New strains found in China, Milder but highly transmissible
- Pakistan: 1st Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever case reported in Karachi
- Diphtheria in Hispaniola: Six deaths to date
- Ebola outbreaks in Africa: Death toll rises to 13
- Monoclonal antibody ‘cocktail’ blocks COVID-19 variants: Study
- FDA issues authorization for first molecular non-prescription, at-home COVID-19 test
- River Blindness in the Americas, Lymphatic Filariasis and Malaria on Hispaniola elimination effort: Carter Center’s new partnership