Through June 5, the SES – State Department of Health of Minas Gerais reported 371,865 probable cases, including 196,658 confirmed cases of the disease.
There are 110 confirmed deaths from dengue in Minas Gerais and another 125 deaths under investigation.
Concerning chikungunya, health officials report 71,319 probable cases of the disease were registered, of which 38,648 were confirmed. So far, 23 deaths from Chikungunya have been confirmed in Minas Gerais and 15 are under investigation.
As for the Zika virus, 243 probable cases have been registered so far. There are 24 confirmed for the disease and there are no deaths from Zika in Minas Gerais, to date.
- Texas reports 3 deaths in fungal meningitis outbreak linked to procedures performed in Mexico
- South Africa reports increase in influenza
- Colombia Ministry of Health monitors the outbreak of COVID-19 at the Universidad del Atlántico
- H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Sichuan province, China
- Indonesia: 11 deaths due to rabies reported through April 2023
- Brazil reports increase in cases of H1N1 influenza in adults
- Ghana officials report suspected anthrax outbreak in Binduri District