The Secretary of State for Health of Minas Gerais (SES-MG) reported this week a human rabies death in a child on April 29, the third such death reported in the state in a month.
This death follows two other rabies deaths on April 4 and April 17, both young children.
The last case of death from human rabies in Minas Gerais had been recorded in 2012, in Casca River, in the Zona da Mata.
- Argentina: Severe acute hepatitis of unknown origin in child detected in Santa Fe
- Second Lassa fever case reported in Guinea
- Powassan Virus case reported in Connecticut, 1st case of 2022
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: 3rd Ebola case confirmed in Mbandaka
- Costa Rica investigates case of severe hepatitis in a two-year-old girl
- Thailand issues warning about Plasmodium knowlesi malaria
- Brazil dengue outbreak tops 500K cases through April
- Anthrax outbreak in South Sudan, 20 people infected
- Singapore reports more than 6,400 dengue cases in first four months of 2022