By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Health Commission of Ningxia has reported a confirmed bubonic plague case in capital Yinchuan, imported from North China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
The patient, a 55-year-old individual from Ordos, Inner Mongolia, is in critical condition at the General Hospital of Ningxia Medical University in Yinchuan.
Related areas and organizations have initiated emergency protocols in accordance with laws and regulations, conducted strict classification and prevention and control measures on related areas and personnel.
The Ningxia regional government initiated the level IV emergency response on plague prevention and control, demanding all efforts in rescuing the patient and the implementation of comprehensive prevention and control measures, so that the plague will not spread.
- Russia: Two tetanus cases reported in southern Siberia
- Ukraine: 80% of all COVID-19 deaths are in people 60 years and older
- Philippines: Dengue cases up 116% in General Santos City
- Vietnam reports more than 11K COVID-19 cases Saturday, Binh Duong reports the most
- Costa Rica: Immunosuppressed population will receive third COVID-19 dose in 2022
- Chile: COVID-19 cases down, No commune in the country is in quarantine
- Finland: Measles case exposes up to 150 people at Turku University Hospital
- Plague in New Mexico: 1st case of 2021
- Ivermectin warning: Increased Poison Control calls in Mississippi