By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission reported five new COVID-19 cases in the city. This cluster are the first new cases in several weeks.
In response to the clustering outbreak of the new coronary pneumonia community in Wuhan on May 9 and 10, the State Council Joint Prevention and Control Mechanism Liaison Group went to Sanmin Community in Dongxihu District of Wuhan City, China Resources Oak Bay Community in Wuchang District, Evergrande Capital Community and surrounding markets. On-site investigation and inspection, supervision and guidance of the implementation of prevention and control measures.
The liaison group emphasized that Hubei Province and Wuhan City must always tighten the string of epidemic prevention and control, conscientiously implement the important instructions of General Secretary Jin Ping and the spirit of the meeting of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee, implement the normalization measures for epidemic prevention and control, and make every effort All work must be done to consolidate the results of epidemic prevention and control.
The Liaison Group requested that the source of infection be identified, the scope of regional nucleic acid detection should be expanded, the transmission route should be cut off, and the spread of the epidemic should be strictly prevented.
According to a Channel News Asia report, Wuhan plans to conduct coronavirus tests on its entire population.
Officials were ordered to submit by Tuesday plans to administer nucleic acid tests on all residents in the city of 11 million people.
The planned tests come after Wuhan reported the first cluster of new COVID-19 infections since the city re-opened after a 76-day lockdown on Apr 8.
- COVID-19 treatment: Feds announce the allocation plan for the drug remdesivir
- How COVID-19 kills: What is ‘cytokine storm’?
- Malaysia COVID-19: Officials report lowest daily case count ever
- Chile COVID-19: Growing demand on hospitals, ‘The next few weeks will be the most difficult’
- Mexico COVID-19 update: Cases in children, pregnant women and comorbidities
- COVID-19: Asymptomatic spread can be a successful evolutionary strategy
- Russia leapfrogs to #2 in COVID-19 cases globally as country begins easing lockdowns