By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
For the third time in a week, Hong Kong health officials report monitoring a human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) on the Chinese mainland.
The latest case involves a 55-year-old man living in Liuzhou, Guangxi. He is a farmer and had contact with live poultry. He developed symptoms on August 17 and was admitted for treatment on the same day. The patient is in critical condition.
Since 2014, 41 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- HIV in General Santos City: ‘Our cases are getting younger’
- Philippines report another 466 Delta variant cases
- Immune Response to COVID-19 May Be Proportional to Illness Severity, Duration
- Potential Overuse of Antibiotics Found in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Pneumonia
- FDA ivermectin warning: You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.
- Russia reports 59 dirofilariasis cases in 2020
- VietNam: Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong see nearly 8,000 COVID-19 cases Sunday