Los Chiles is the canton with the most cases, there is a record of 286 positive people plus 15 more people who were detected by the system but reside on the Nicaraguan side.
Then follows Santa Rosa de Pocosol with 11 cases, Pital with 5 cases and 1 case in Jicarito de Venado, according to the regional report.
As part of the efforts to combat this disease, the Pan American Health Organization provided the region with an exclusive microbiologist to apply the tests on a massive scale:
We had a bit of a limitation for thick blood smear processes and PAHO provided us with this professional to support the network, so in addition to the local laboratories we have this person dedicated to strengthening Malaria surveillance,” explained Melvin Anchía, regional epidemiologist of the CCSS.
Malaria or malaria is a disease caused by a parasite of the genus Plasmodium and transmitted to people through the bite of a female mosquito of the genus Anopheles.
- Georgia reports ‘swine flu’ case, 8th in the US this year
- Uganda Ebola outbreak rises to 7 cases
- Adenovirus update at Vietnam’s National Children’s Hospital
- South Africa reports 10 lab-confirmed human rabies cases through August
- European officials report decrease in monkeypox cases in 20 countries
- Chikungunya cases up 573% in the Philippines in 2022
- Laos dengue outbreak tops 25,000 cases
- Uganda declares Ebola (Sudan) outbreak in Mubende District
- Malawi eliminates blinding trachoma, Fifth African country to achieve this significant milestone
- Philippines reports 271% increase in cholera in first 8 months of 2022
- Mongolia: Human plague case reported in Khovd province