The Ministry of Health, through the Directorate for the Regulation of Products of Sanitary Interest, alerts the general population about the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in batches of fresh cheese from the national brands Las Delicias de mi Tierra and Las Brisas, according to detailed below:
Lot 00159 of TURRIALBA cheese, brand LAS DELICIAS DE MI TIERRA, does not have a sanitary registry.
Lot: 140 of Zarcerrico fresh cheese, LAS BRISAS brand, A-3143-13
According to the results of microbiological analyzes of the National Reference Center for Microbiological Food Safety of the Costa Rican Institute for Research and Teaching in Nutrition and Health (CRIMA-INCIENSA), the batches of the aforementioned products of the LAS DELICIAS DE MI brands TIERRA and LAS BRISAS presented positive isolates for Listeria monocytogenes, therefore they do not comply with the parameter established in the Central American Technical Regulation of Microbiological Criteria for Food Safety RTCA 67.04.50:17, for Subgroup 1.9.
The contamination of the products was identified through a sampling carried out in supermarkets in the country, as part of the food control carried out by the Ministry of Health, in order to verify compliance with the Central American Technical Regulation of Microbiological Criteria for current Food Safety.
It should be noted that work is already underway to withdraw the contaminated lots from the market in coordination with the sampling points, and with SENASA at the level of the manufacturing companies.
The products affected by this alert can be seen in the following images:
Consumers are cautioned to avoid purchasing or consuming products from the named lots, especially if they are pregnant women, the elderly, or people with weakened immune systems.
If you have products from the batches described for consumption, discard them or return them to the point of sale.
If you experience symptoms such as: diarrhea, fever, headache and muscle aches and have consumed any of the aforementioned products, consult your doctor or go to a nearby health center.
For complaints or information you can write to the email:[email protected]
- Schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths in Brazil
- Texas reports locally acquired malaria case
- France: 40 new brucellosis cases declared in 2022
- Israel reports monkeypox case, 1st case in months
- Hand, foot and mouth disease in Vietnam
- Paraguay reports increase in HIV cases
- Langya virus: University of Queensland researchers uncover the structure of the fusion protein
- Norovirus: Viking Cruises, Viking Neptune, is the latest cruise ship outbreak this year
- Ethiopia: This is the longest cholera outbreak that is spreading unabated