By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Ministry of Health, through the Directorate for the Regulation of Products of Sanitary Interest, alerts the general population about the presence of the Listeria monocytogenes bacterium in certain batches of fresh cheese from various national brands, as detailed below:
Lot: 1031 of grated semi-hard cheese, brand QUESOS DEL NORTE LAS CUATRO A, A-CR-21-03200
Lot 293 of semi-hard cheese, brand LAS DELICIAS DE MI TIERRA, without sanitary registration.
Lot 0311:22 of Mozzarella semi-hard unripened cheese, ITALCONAM brand, sanitary registration A-CR-1400759.
Lot: 311 of light lactose-free Turrialba cheese, LITE HOUSE brand, sanitary registration A-CR-17-09885.
According to the results of microbiological analyzes of the National Reference Center for Microbiological Food Safety of the Costa Rican Institute for Research and Teaching in Nutrition and Health (CRIMA-INCIENSA), the batches of the aforementioned products, of the brands TIQUESO, QUESOS DEL NORTE LAS CUATRO A, LAS DELICIAS DE MI TIERRA and LITE HOUSE presented positive isolates for the Listeria monocytogenes bacterium, therefore they do not comply with the parameter established in the Central American Technical Regulation of Microbiological Criteria for Food Safety RTCA 67.04.50:17 , for Subgroup 1.9.
The contamination of the products was identified through a sampling carried out in supermarkets in the country, as part of the food control carried out by the Ministry of Health, in order to verify compliance with the Central American Technical Regulation of Microbiological Criteria for current Food Safety.
It should be noted that work is already underway to withdraw the contaminated lots from the market in coordination with the sampling points, and with SENASA at the level of the manufacturing companies.
- Argentina: 140,000 people have HIV, 13 percent are unaware
- France reports local transmission of Usutu virus infection
- Brazil: 11 Chagas disease cases reported in Belém, Linked to consuming açaí
- Norway Salmonella outbreak update: Cases rise to 42
- Haemophilus influenza type B outbreak reported in Vancouver Island homeless
- Finland: RSV and influenza epidemics starting, pneumococcal infections on the rise
- Pakistan at excellent momentum to end polio, Southern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa the last front
- Chikungunya vaccine candidate: Antibody levels remained stable from month 6 to month 12