By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials with the Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported a cluster of dozens of COVID-19 cases which started June 9.
While the Beijing CDC reports 36 cases through Friday, the World Health Organization a slightly higher number–41 symptomatic laboratory confirmed cases and 46 laboratory confirmed cases without symptoms of COVID-19 in the city.
Preliminary investigations revealed that some of the initial symptomatic cases had a link to the Xinfadi Market in Beijing.
All cases are in isolation and under care as needed, and contact tracing is underway. Genetic sequencing of samples is also underway and rapid sharing of these results is important to understand the origin of the cluster and links between cases.
- India COVID-19 cases top 300K, Fourth most globally
- Dengue fever: Singapore reports record week
- Genetically modified mosquitoes coming to the Florida Keys?
- Philippines COVID-19 tally tops 25,000, Establishment of more testing labs pursued ‘aggressively’
- Thailand dengue outbreak: One-third of cases seen in children ages 5-14
- Texas A&M study: Face masks critical in preventing spread of COVID-19
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 infections may account for as much as 45 percent of all cases