By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The first batch of vaccines against COVID-19 arrived this Saturday in Portugal and people started getting vaccinated yesterday, according to the Portugal Ministry of Health.
“A window of hope now opens with a vaccine that is expected to help us fight the disease next year, without forgetting that, at this moment, there is still a very difficult fight to do,” said the Minister minister.
Portugal has reported nearly 400,000 total COVID-19 cases, including 6677 deaths.
In addition, the regional civil protection authority in Madeira Island have reported the new variant of the coronavirus linked to a rapid rise in infections in Britain.
The virus was detected in travelers who arrived in Madeira from the United Kingdom” but it did not specify how many people were infected with it.
- Peru tops 1 million COVID-19 cases, increased restrictions and ivermectin use warning
- Los Angeles reports nearly 30,000 COVID-19 cases past two days
- Paraná state, Brazil: Death of three more monkeys due to yellow fever reported
- Canada reports two COVID-19 variant cases in Ontario
- Sweden reports UK COVID-19 virus variant: ‘It was not unexpected’
- Leishmaniasis outbreak in Deir ez-Zor, Syria