The Israel Ministry of Health reported on a cow infected with rabies found in Tuba-Zangaria (in the pasture between Tuba and Moshav Elifelet), in the Upper Galilee last week.
Two people are known to have been exposed to the cow and are receiving rabies post exposure prophylaxis (PEP).
Health officials ask anyone who has been in contact or whose animals came into contact in the area of the incident with the infected animal or a stray animal, on the dates of February 14 to February 28, to contact the Safed Health Bureau urgently, phone 04-6994257, 04-6994200, or the health bureau nearest to his place of residence to weigh the need for preventive care.
The Ministry of Health again reminds those who have been bitten or scratched by an animal, to immediately wash the area with running water and soap, to disinfect with disinfectants and to approach the Health Bureau to check if preventive treatment against rabies is needed.
- Israel: Jerusalem child tests positive for polio, 1st case in over three decades
- Eureka Shigella outbreak update: 5 confirmed cases, 11 others investigated
- Polio vaccination campaign during the war: Ukraine officials
- Ukraine Public Health: Preventing acute intestinal infectious diseases with potential water supply issues
- Two rabies deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh’s Krishna district, Linked to cat bites
- Vietnam averages more than 100K COVID-19 cases per day last week, Tops 4 million total