The “61st National Oral Polio Vaccination Campaign” begins next Monday, March 14, in Cuba. All children from one month of age and up to two years, 11 months and 29 days of age, in both stages, will be vaccinated. In addition, all nine-year-old children will be reactivated with a dose of oral polio vaccine.
The first stage of the campaign will take place between Monday, March 14 and Saturday, March 19, 2022, with a make-up week from March 21 to 26 for children who could not be vaccinated in the scheduled week.
The second stage will run between Monday 16 and Saturday 21 May. The recovery week is scheduled to take place between May 23 and 28.
The polio vaccination campaign will be carried out simultaneously throughout the national territory.
- Venezuela: Malaria cases persist in Falcón
- New Caledonia reports dozens of leptospirosis cases since January
- Singapore reports sharp rise in dengue cases
- Nebraska: Norovirus and Rotavirus Outbreaks reported in the south central part of state
- Pennsylvania: Powassan Virus Identified in Ticks
- Vietnam COVID-19 cases continue rise, 134,000 cases/day in past week
- Denmark reports lowest level of pertussis in many years in 2021
- China reports two fatal H5N6 avian influenza cases from late 2021
- Yersinia enterocolitica outbreaks reported in Finland